Welcome to the FINOS Open Source Readiness SIG!
The OSR SIG is dedicated to helping financial services firms advance their open source programs. Here's what we have to offer:
- Meetings of the SIG are held on the first Wednesday of each month at 10am US/Eastern, and are open to anyone who would like to participate. Meetings include group discussions of open source best practices, guest presentations from open source experts, and collaborative sessions to produce resources for the industry.
- We produce and collect resources to support FSI firms in developing robust open source programs, including an Open Source License Compliance Handbook with information about complying with common open source licenses, a executive whitepaper on the business value of open source, and a reference open source policy for FSI firms.
- Media from guest presentations and SIG sessions provides invaluable insights from experts and FSI colleagues on a range of topics related to open source usage, contribution, and compliance.
Interested in the SIG? Join us! Here are a few ways to get involved:
- Join us for an upcoming meeting!
- Subscribe to our mailing list by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and get updates on upcoming meetings and other activity.
- Contribute to our resources for open source programs. Most OSR resources are collaboratively produced as open source projects, and we're always on the lookout for ways to enable participants to share knowledge and best practices in a form that's useful to their peers. If you have a project to propose, open a GitHub issue and share your vision!