Below you can find a list of useful links and resources; you can find more on FINOS Knowledge Base page
FINOS OSR Resources
The OSR SIG has produced several resources to help financial services firms along their open source journey. Most of these are also open source projects that you can contribute to on GitHub.
Open Source License Compliance Handbook
A guide for complying with a wide range of open source licenses in common use cases. It's an invaluable resource for enabling developers to manage the most common compliance tasks without unnecessary legal and compliance review.
Reference FOSS Policy
A comprehensive model corporate policy for consuming, contributing to, and publishing open source software. It's a great starting point for firms adopting their first open source policy or revising an existing one.
Whitepaper: Business Value of Open Source for Financial Services Firms
A whitepaper laying out the business case for open source engagement. A helpful aid for pitching open source to decision-makers on the business side of financial institutions.
- Download a copy of the whitepaper.
Checklist: Establishing an Open Source Compliance Program
We built some high-level workflows for common open source compliance processes, along with a checklist that helps establishing an open source compliance program within your firm.
- Check out the project on GitHub
- The TODO group of the Linux Foundation brings together leaders of open source programs from across industries to share knowledge and best practices about running an open source program.
- The OpenChain Project publishes an ISO standard for open source compliance programs, as well as training and educational resources for open source programs.
- GitHub's Open Source Guides provide great information about best practices for creating and maintaining successful open source projects.
- Open Source Compliance in the Enterprise provides a deep dive into open source compliance practice focused on companies that distribute software containing open source components.
- The Linux Foundation offers a range of Open Source Best Practices trainings